Subject: Re: Blitz manuals
From: [email-masked] (Mike)
To: Martin Kift <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 13:58:17 +0100

On May 24,  9:57pm, Martin Kift wrote:
> Subject: Re: Blitz manuals
> Oh oh, arguement time 8)

> Calling the User Manual crap is an understatement of the highest 
> order. It wastes pages on crappy listing of workbench programs, and 
> then skips over all the interesting stuff, graphics/scrolling etc. I 
> have wasted days and days on problems that must have been known by 
> the developers, but they didn't write any bloody descriptions down! 
> Makes my bloody boil.

	I haven't been using Blitz that long, but just in dipping into
the manuals I have found two errors that are more than just typos -
they are completely wrong! (I'm sure everyone knows about the random
number generator not generating numbers in the correct range and the
error in how to define a pointer type). This isn't an old user manual
either - its got BUMs 1 -5 in the back, so surely they could have
corrected some of the errors in the text.

	It makes me wonder if Acid are entirely serious about this.

> If they think that the user manual is going to teach novices, then 
> they are sorely mistaken.

	I've given up on the manual in favour of the `Nigel Hughes'
option - okay he winges a bit about me being stupid and `its in the
manual' but he (usually) gets it right!

	Dunno how he knows though .....

					Mike.

You can reach Mike Richards at the following   /@\            \|/
address ... (if you're that desperate).       `-\ \  ______  - 0 -
                                                 \ \/ ` /  \  /|\ _
            [email-masked]                        \_i / \  |\____//
                                                    | |==| |=----/
---- Why not drop me a line ...? -------------------hn/--hn/-----------